The history of the development of the health of the Miory district goes back to 1904, when there were 1 hospital in the district, 3 doctors, 2 midwives, 7 paramedics worked, and 1 doctor accounted for 3,038 residents.
Since the mid-1920s, the Miory had been receiving a rest, consisting of a waiting room, an anteroom and a small laboratory in which the doctor himself did the tests. The fee for one reception was 2 zł, and the payment for the treatment of the poor was carried out at the expense of the local budget.
Until 1939 there were 7 beds for every 10 thousand people, 1.7 for a doctor. On the territory of the district there was only 1 hospital in Disney for 50 beds, but its bed capacity was only used by 26% because of the high cost of treatment. According to the official data of the Vilnius Province for the day of stay in the hospital, a fee of 4.5 to 9.6 zł was paid (with a worker's salary of 2-3 zł per day). The simplest operation (appendectomy, hernia repair) cost 70-80 zł. A significant part of the population turned to healers. All this led to high morbidity and mortality. The overall mortality rate in 1938 was 14.1 per 1000 population, the child mortality rate was 139 per 1000 births.
In October-December 1939, the health care system undergoes radical changes - medical assistance to the population becomes free of charge. The Disna hospital is expanding, a 15-bed hospital is being set up in Novy Pogost. Seven medical and paramedical posts, two maternity wards, two dentist's offices, a X-ray room were opened. Extensive preventive measures are carried out, first of all on protection of children's health and on combating social diseases.
In 1940, 14 nurses and 8 midwives arrived in the district, 4 doctors. The ambulance car began to operate.
From the first days after the liberation of the territory of our district from the Nazi invaders, a great deal of work is under way to restore medical institutions and organizations for medical services to the population. At the end of 1944 - beginning of 1945, Tikeli, Yaznenskaya, Leonpolskaya and Novopogostskaya district hospitals with 10 beds each, Disna hospital with 25 beds were opened.
In 1946, the Miory District Hospital was opened for 30 beds. He organized the work of the hospital and was its first chief physician in 1946-1948, Nikolai Vasilievich Bavututo.
Originally, the hospital was located in the village of Kletov Dvor, and the maternity ward in the village of Kamenpole.
In 1949, the decision of the district executive committee transferred the hospital to Miory in a brick building (now - the first floor of the maternity ward) and next to the wooden buildings that belonged to the church. Despite the shortage of equipment and medicines, the infectious morbidity rate decreased sharply in the region and infant mortality decreased
In 1954, the hospital completed the second floor (currently operating maternity ward), deployed 75 beds.
There were 18 beds in the surgical department, the operating room was opened, where operations were performed under inhalation ether anesthesia and under infiltrative anesthesia.
The following decades are marked by the further growth of the network of medical institutions, the strengthening of their material and technical base, the growth of the number of medical personnel.
Much has been done to improve medical care for the population of the district Lapshin Nikolai Dmitrievich, who worked as chief physician from 1955 to 1964, Fedorovf Nikolai Maksimovich, who worked as chief physician from 1965 to 1990.
A huge merit in the further development and improvement of the health care organization belongs to Poznyak Petro Aleksandrovich. With him in 1991, an intensive care unit was opened. In 1997, a new building of the Disna District Polyclinic was put into operation, and in December 2004 a nursing department was opened in the Disna Hospital.
The outpatient and polyclinic area has been developed, hospital-substituting technologies have been introduced, the work of emergency medical care has been streamlined, and medical care has been organized on the principle of a general practitioner. Every effort is being made to implement state social standards for public health services.